Instructions for WebTOP 5.0
- Please note that the current version of WebTOP runs only on Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows and only with Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine.
- For instructions on how to add Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine to a new computer please follow this link.
- You need to verify that the virtual machine used by your browser is Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine. You need to do this even if you have just installed it and before you install the plugin. The following is a link to a PDF file that describes the method to use to switch between virtual machines (PDF file 210 Kbytes, will open in a new window; use the right mouse click if you prefer to download it.).
- In order to run WebTOP, the VRML plug-in for your web browser should be Blaxxun Contact, Click on the SETUP PLUGIN menu button to get instruction on how to set up Blaxxun
- To be able to save WebTOP sessions, you need to click on the SETUP RECORDING button and follow the instructions.
- Some of the WebTOP modules require a long download (up to 400K, plus up to 60K for each additional module). If you think that you will be using WebTOP routinely and your connection is slow, we advise you to download the whole set and run it directly from your computer.
- Some of the issues you may encounter when trying to run WebTOP for the first time are addressed in our troubleshooting page.
- Any questions, comments, or bug reports should be directed to one of the contact addresses given in the contact page.